Feeding & Nutrition
2 replies
Who's talking? (3)
Elizabeth B.
Tracy F.
Krystle V.

Toddler meal ideas

Elizabeth B. 6 years ago

Where do you get your toddler meal ideas from? I try to have my toddler eating the same things that my husband and I eat. Of course, there are a lot of exceptions--for example, my son's got no molars yet and he can't take very spicy foods. I end up making a lot of adjustments to what he gets served. But he's not an adventurous eater and I'm thinking I need to get more creative if I want him getting all the vegetables and protein he's not excited to eat. Who's got tricks up their sleeve?

Tracy F.
Tracy F. 6 years ago

My son is super picky and probably would choose to be a vegetarian if he could.  I found a couple of things that sometimes work.   One is soups that are bean based for protein like lentil vegetable or black bean ones.   They are quick and easy to heat up and he likes to practice with a spoon.  I usually drain out the liquid part and then give the beans and veggies.   I also started making quinoa, various beans and some grilled veggies on sundays and then keeping them on hand to add or supplement a meal for him quick and easy.  My son is obsessed with what my husband is eating so when he's around I try to have him sit down with my son and pretend like he won't share his meal but ultimately share it.    I like this blog - dailygarnish.com.   The writer has a toddler son and is a vegetarian. she mixes in good posts about recipes with stuff about her son.  She is really good at coming up with healthy easy options.