--OR--

privacy

Discussion
 Health
Who's talking? (1)
Tracy F.

Review of Four Seasons Wellness Packages

Tracy F. 5 months ago

Review of 4 Seasons Taste of Wellness Package Relax and Recharge Package by Carly Tedeski.   

I thoroughly enjoyed my day at the Four Seasons Westlake Spa, what an amazing space with so much to offer. Spending the day here was a real treat. I started the day off with a great workout, some mental health time, a healthy lunch followed by pool time which luckily it was a very hot day.

Next I was off to enjoy some quiet time in the spa, and a massage. Believe me- leaving to go do school pickup was the last place I wanted to go after such a peaceful day away form the grind. 

I haven’t meditated since I was studying Chinese Medicine some years ago. I had no idea what to expect of the Somadome, which combines ancient healing practices with modern technology to promote stress relief, vitality, and mind/body alignment. This spaceship -like booth was pretty relaxing. You sit down in a reclining chair in a pod with an overhead dome that covers your body, put the headphones on, choose which type of guided meditation you want and close your eyes. I chose “LOVE” which helped me get into that deeper mental state right before my tranquility massage. The pod uses LED color therapy and the light beams that you see and the soft voice of a woman talking made for a very nice meditative experience. 20 minutes later I was back listening to the waterfall sounds waiting to continue my relaxing experience. 

The spa grounds are huge and very beautiful. Delicious teas and treats are available in every quiet room you can sit in. My massage was a 10, for a stressed out mom this masseuse knew exactly how tense my shoulders were and knew how to alleviate the pain. 

Inside the Westlake Village FourSeasons is the California Health and Longevity Institute where I met with Dr. Kukoff. This is the only Four Seasons with a full state-of-the-art medical facility on site where you can get everything from a mammogram to your teeth whitened! It’s a pretty impressive space but what was most impressive was my life strategies consultation was with Ilana Kukoff, PH.D. Dr. Kukoff is the CEO and Founder of Cognition Builders. 

As parents, we try so many different philosophies for sleep training, feeding your baby, discipling your toddler- some work, some don’t. I really enjoyed this one on one session with Dr. Kukoff, as there was more that I needed to talk about than I even realized. In my hour session she gave me am intro to her company and how they help families across the U.S. along with giving me some great tools for my parenting toolbox. I’ve already started implementing them and they do work. Dr. K really seemed to care about helping me and that made it so easy to talk to her and listen. 

Check out their site for more info on all the services they provide with their “family architechts” http://cogbuilders.com/our-services/ 

My sustained living lunch was designed by Paulette Lambert RD, CDE. She also is the Director of Nutrition and author of the Wellness Kitchen cookbook, which I was so lucky to score a copy of. After a great mat pilates class and emotional therapy session with Dr. K, I was starving and this lunch hit the spot. 

We also got to come back to the heavenly Four Seasons to enjoy Wine Wednesdays in the Wellness Kitchen. It is a beautiful celebration of wine pairings with seasonal and fresh food. The host of the evening was Paulette Lambert, was joined by HMercer Imports. Both were a pleasure to listen to. They discussed the reasons for pairing the wines with each course, where the grapes were grown and where to buy the bottles. Paulette guides you through each course with fun food facts. 

Did you know Watercress is #1 on the Powerful 41 Foods list, giving it higher antioxidants than kale? This is a fun site to visit: http://www.getoffyouracid.com/the-41-most-powerful-foods-you-can-eat-1-might-surprise-you/ 

Getting about a 3oz pour with each course, Paulette reminded us to “drink really good, quality wine and eat quality food”. The wellness center at the FourSeasons teaches important life skills like moderation. As a fan of good wine and healthy, fresh, and delicious food this event is worth a repeat. I truly enjoy cooking and learning new ways to prepare the foods I love. We learned that coconut oil isn’t worth all the hype it gets and using just a little bit of olive oil goes a long way. 

Sitting front row watching the chefs prepare your dinner, listening to Paulette speak, being able to chat with those around you while dining on a delicious 4 course dinner was a wonderful night off from typical daily mom life. Although it’s a learning environment you still feel like you are having a high-end meal in a nice restaurant. Check out the link here for the next dates available and sign up because the classes do get full. http://www.fourseasons.com/westlakevillage/wellness/eat_well/healthful_cooking_classes/