Discussion
 Other
7 replies
Who's talking? (4)
Krystle V.
April W.
Tracy F.
Cherie H.

Does your toddler sleep with stuffed animals or a blanket?

Krystle V. 6 years ago

I still have not given either to my 19 month old. I feel like I should give her a blanket now. The reason I haven't yet is because she is the best sleeper and I am scared to mess with a good thing! Does everyone give their little ones blankets?

April W.
April W. 6 years ago

My daughter is 18mos and still sleeps in a sleep sack. I have no idea how to "train" her to use blankets yet!

Krystle V.
Krystle V. 6 years ago

me either! I feel bad because she could be cozier :)  I do have very warm sheets on her bed from pottery barn. What brand sleep sack do you use?

Tracy F.
Tracy F. 6 years ago

We started giving blankets both as an attachment thing when weaning as well as to keep him warm because our son wouldn't wear the sleep sacks or footed pajamas.   He was freezing at night so we tried all types of blankets.  He never stays under them and I think he still wakes up a lot because he is cold and can't get recovered.   We don't put stuffed animals in his crib or around much but mainly because he has bad allergies and never seems that interested. 

Krystle V.
Krystle V. 6 years ago

I think I may stick with the fuzzy warm pjs for now. I was wondering if she would even be covered from moving around!

Tracy F.
Tracy F. 6 years ago

If she is happy and a good sleeper, I would stick with what works. 

Krystle V.
Krystle V. 6 years ago

Yes she is an amazing sleeper! That is why I think I am just going to stick with what I am doing!

Cherie H.
Cherie H. 5 years ago

LO has had a lovey since she was very young. As far as blankets go, we gave her smallish ones when it started getting cold last winter (she was just over 1) but now she has a duvet and pillow which we bought from Ikea. She's 2 and 1 month and has had that for about 3 months now. I love the Ikea duvet btw - it fits perfectly in the crib and you can buy different duvet covers and pillow cases for it.

--
Caperz helps you find fun activities and classes to do with your children. Share your plans and set up play dates with your friends too.