Feeding & Nutrition
3 replies
Who's talking? (3)
Krystle V.
Tracy F.
Elizabeth B.

Water?

Krystle V. 6 years ago

How much water does your little one drink? My daughter is 11 months and doesn't drink much water-a few sips here and there and I feel like she should be drinking more??? She still gets 3 4oz bottles a day.

Tracy F.
Tracy F. 6 years ago

I think at this point they can drink as much water as they want  as long as it doesn't spoil their appetite but they don't have to drink water if they don't want to as long as they are hydrated.  They get a decent amount of water from foods especially fruits if she eats that.  I was told to make sure my son gets at least 15 to 18 ounces of milk and cut back on water.   And if giving juices try to give "green" juices made from healthy veggies.   We give Suja green juice now.

Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth B. 6 years ago

I nursed my son and never got the bottle thing going (for good and bad!) and that's probably the reason I just never got into tracking how much liquids my son gets. On top of it, my son's now over a year old and his pediatrician told me not to worry about a minimum or maximum amount of milk he should be getting per day. From what I can tell, my son drinks a lot on some days and less on others. The point is, as long as my son has been producing his normal amount of wet diapers, I don't worry, but if you're concerned about your daughter, you should run it by your doctor.

Krystle V.
Krystle V. 6 years ago

Thanks! My dr said since she is getting 3 bottles a day still she is good. She will take little sips of water during the day. I wish she would drink more! I am going to make the switch to milk soon since she just turned one!