Discussion
 Parenting
3 replies
Who's talking? (4)
Tracy F.
Krystle V.
Adriana A.
Rachel M.

What is the earliest age you should potty train?

Tracy F. 6 years ago

What is the earliest any of you started potty training? What are the signs?  My son is only 16 months old but he has started reliably telling us every time he needs to go potty.  However he isn't very into sitting on the potty.    Not sure what we should do.

Krystle V.
Krystle V. 6 years ago

I wanted to ask this question but thought people would think im silly lol! My daughter is only 13 months but I swear I think I could train her soon lol she is really smart. Would love to hear when other mamas started!

Adriana A.
Adriana A. 6 years ago

diaper companies begin to sell there pull ups etc. at size 3  which is 16 to 18 lbs i believe so baby is about 4 to 6 monthish. and those diapers are designed for potty training. so theres one idea. also cloth diaper babies tend to become potty trained sooner around 9months and up. theres another idea. just a thought

Rachel M.
Rachel M. 6 years ago

It is never too early to start. If you have hardwood floors it's a bit easier to go diaper free and begin the process. Look for their cues and just take them over and sit them on a potty when you think it's time to go. Don't make it a fight but try to make it fun. I know it seems a bit dramatic but you can also take one of the little potties on the go and use it in the back of your car if you are out and about. Get some cloth potty training pull-ups for daytime like ones by Grovia! 

Green Hugs,
Rachel