Krystle V.
Amy S.
Tracy F.
Trina F.
Rachel M.
Sandra-Sid P.

Diaper Rash...!

Krystle V. 5 years ago

who has a good remedy? I tried triple paste and its not cutting it. Poor baby is so itchy with it too! This is the first time she has had it (one year old) and I think its because she had loose stools a few weeks ago..any other remedies? I cant let her air out too much becuase she just itches!

Amy S.
Amy S. 5 years ago

My pediatrician had recommended good ol basic baby oil. Put it on cotton, rub it on, diaper back up. I had many rashes with my girls (my son had none) so I am inclined to think girls are more sensitive. After trying many pastes and Zinc creams I found baby oil and occasional basic baby powder did the trick.

Sometimes I think going back to basics is best!

Tracy F.
Tracy F. 5 years ago

We use Alba Multi-purpose unpretroleum jelly most of the time.  It was recommended in our "green" baby care class.   When things get really bad we sometimes also use Boudreaux Butt Paste

Krystle V.
Krystle V. 5 years ago

ok I will try both, today its really bad and red she was crying :(

Trina F.
Trina F. 5 years ago

I changed wipes and used A&D and the diaper rash went away. For us, it was the Pampers wipes that were doing it so I changed to Huggies sensitive and works great! Good luck hon! 

Rachel M.
Rachel M. 5 years ago

Sometimes it seems like a rash but can actually be a chemical burn from a traditional disposable diaper. I would change diapers, wipes and any creams you use. You should stay away from anything petroleum based and baby oil is full of harsh synthetics. Earth Angel Mama Baby, Mother Love, Un-petroleum Jelly and good old breastmilk are wonderful! 

Sandra-Sid P.
Sandra-Sid P. 5 years ago

We started using Coconut Oil and it works like a charm. You can use it for many MANY other things as well (cooking, lip-gloss, face cream, etc) but we also use it on Sammy's diaper rashes and it works like a charm every time.